XEFRA performs testing on a broad variety of product categories according to the relevant standards.
In addition, XEFRA offers flexible service and a short delivery time.
- Measurement, Laboratory and Control – IEC 61010-1 (General requirements for safety) and IEC 61010-2-xx (Particular series of standards)
- IT and A/V products – IEC EN 60950-1, IEC EN 62368-1 IEC EN 62040, IEC 60065
- Household Product – IEC EN 60335-1 with relevant part 2 standards
- Automatic electrical controls, regulators etc. – IEC/EN 60730
- Boxes and enclosures – IEC EN 60670
- Electrical equipment of machines – IEC EN 60204-1, IEC EN 60204-32
- Low-voltage switchgear – IEC EN 61439-1
- Medical Equipment – IEC 60601-1-X, IEC EN 60601-2-X
- Pretesting and Consultancy
- Qualification tests
- On-site tests
- RF emission measurement: conducted, radiated, Flicker and voltage fluctuations, Radiated electromagnetic field.
- RF immunity measurement: Electrostatic discharges (ESD), Radiated RF disturbance, Electric fast transients (EFT), Conducted RF disturbance, Power frequency magnetic fields, Conducted LF disturbance
Traditional testing all EMC testing is conducted in an EMC laboratory, under controlled conditions with standardised environmental conditions. Tests are usually performed in isolated chambers.
On-site testing is normally performed on equipment and systems that are too big to fit into a laboratory, or if they have exceptional needs of power supply or other connections. We bring our test equipment out to your site, whether it is located in an assembly hall or in a final installation site.
We per form environmental tests on materials, components, assemblies, prototypes, and series devices for all industries, supporting our clients in all sectors, such as the energy industry, railway technology, the automobile industry, the aerospace industry, the shipping industry,
and the medical industry.
- Temperature Testing: EN 60068-2-1 Cold, EN 60068-2-2 Dry heat, EN 60068-2-14 Change of temperature, EN 50155 railway standard, EN 60068-2-30 Damp heat, cyclic, EN 60068-2-38 Composite temperature/humidity cyclic test
- Dynamic Mechanical Test: EN 60068-2-6 Vibration (sinusoidal), EN 60068-2-27 Shock, EN 60068-2-64 Vibration, broadband random
- Corrosion Test: EN 60068-2-11, EN ISO 9227 Salt mist test (sodium chloride solution, Test Ka), EN 60068-2-52 Salt mist test, cyclic (sodium chloride solution, Test Kb)
- Protection Class Test: EN 60529 (IP Code), EN 50102 (IK Code)
XEFRA provide testing in acoustic domain pretesting, consultancy, qualification tests and on-site tests for:
- Measurement of airborne noise emitted by information technology and telecommunications equipment
- Measurement of sound absorption in a reverberation room
- Measurement of sound insulation of building elements
- Measurement of sound power levels and sound energy levels of noise sources over a reflecting plane or in reverberation test rooms
We conduct fire testing for:
- construction products
- electrical components and equipment
- components for railway vehicles
- components for automobiles
- components for ships
Some of test methods are summarized in table below:
- EN 13823 Reaction to fire tests for building products, excluding floorings exposed to thermal attack by a single burning item
- EN ISO 1716 Reaction to fire tests for building products – Determination of the heat of combustion
- EN ISO 1182 Reaction to fire tests for building products – Non combustibility test
- EN ISO 11925 Reaction to fire tests for building products – Ignitability of building products subjected to direct impingement of flame
- EN ISO 9239 Reaction to fire tests for building products – Horizontal surface spread of flame for floor coverings
- EN 45545-2 Fire safety assessment for railway components
Whether a plug-in hybrid or a fully fledged electric vehicle: automotive manufacturers are having to find alternatives to the conventional combustion engine.
They must be powerful, reliable, and safe. Critical features include interference-free interaction with the on-board electronics, resistance to environmental influences such as humidity, salt, and extreme temperatures, and resistance to vibrations and knocks.
Xefra is able to perform:
- Temperature and climate cabinets with electrical operation
- Electrodynamic vibration systems
- Shielded cabins and absorber halls for EMC measurements
- Salt fog chests and corrosive gas testing systems
- Electrical tests (such as overcharge, overdischarge, and short circuit)
- Comprehensive test-specific security technology
- Temperature control systems to simulate the internal cooling circuit
- Measuring equipment for leak testing
INNOVATIVE PROPULSION SYSTEM
The Hydrogen Fuel Cell Vehicle (HFCV) is one of the countermeasures to solve the energy crisis and the emission problems of vehicles.
Thanks to the many years of experience developed by Xefra in the field of explosion risk and functional safety of control systems, we have developed specific test rig for innovative propulsion systems such as fuel cells for automotive.
Services for hydrogen storage and supply system are as follows:
- safety assessment and testing of hydrogen system crash, fire
- conformity assessment of the hydrogen leak detection sensors and system
- safety assessment and testing of hydrogen containers and valves, Pressure Relief Device (PRD)
- hydrogen leakage analysis and safety evaluation
The Laboratory performs simulated hydrogen fueling tests, hydrogen gas pressure-cycling, static and dynamic hydrogen leakage testing, and drive cycle simulation.
Test procedures include water spray, dust ingress, thermal shock, vibration resistance, mechanical shock or impact, electrical operation, and other specialised tests such as programmable pressure ramp rate and profile, flow monitoring, and dynamic leakage monitoring capabilities, complete with break-away, nozzle, and receptacle to meet each OEM’s needs.