SAFETY OF MACHINERY
We can provide the tools and expertise to minimise all the potential dangers of machinery, helping you avoid costly and unfortunate mishaps, and meet legal requirements.
Our support in 7 steps for machinery assurance:
- Risk assessment: The Risk Assessment offered by XEFRA is the starting point for safe design your machinery as well as the determination of adequate risk reduction.
- Safety Concept: define the smart solutions for increased safety and not costs.
- Safety Inspection: technical file completion assessment and field evaluation of machinery compliance. Our qualified inspectors will verify the guards integrity, the interlocking functions, the cyber security level reached, the PL obtained for each safety function.
- Machinery Testing: perform the safety test to add value of your declaration of conformity.
- SW safety logic validation: we validate the correctness of safety function implementation on programmable automation controller according to ISO EN 13849 standards.
- User manual validation: we assess the user manual to give you the certainty of having said all the information to your client.
- Machinery safety assessment: independent assessment against EU or extra EU legislation framework and international standard.
SAFETY OF MACHINERY IN OPERATION
The Legislative Decree n. 81/2008 expressly refers to Legislative Decree no. 17/2010 in article 70 (“Safety requirements”) in which it was found: “The work equipment made available to workers must comply with the specific legislative and regulatory provisions implementing the Community product directives. Companies must do reference to RES for the assessment of risks related to machines”.
Specifically, art. 70, paragraph 4, of Legislative Decree 81/08 examines the actions of the supervisory bodies in the case of use of CE marked equipment, for which it is assumed non-compliance with the safety requirements provided for by the regulatory provisions of reception of European product directives.
To support companies in fulfilling the requirements for the safety of machines and work equipment, XEFRA offers a service of Attestation of Conformity to Annexes V and VI of Legislative Decree 81/08. For the adaptation of machines already in service which includes:
- verification of compliance with the general safety requirements referred to in Annex V of Legislative Decree 81/2008 of machines and work equipment built in the absence of legislative provisions (Article 70 of Legislative Decree 81/2008);
- analysis of machinery and work equipment to verify compliance with the applicable laws and regulations on safety;
- analysis of safety procedures to operate on machines and work equipment pursuant to art. 33 of Legislative Decree. 81/2008;
- training of workers on the safe use of machinery and work equipment (Articles 37 and 73 of Legislative Decree 81/2008).
TESTING OF MACHINERY
- Conformity assessment against the Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Directive 2014/30/EU
- EM Emission test
- EM Immunity test
- Immunity to Electrostatic Discharge (ESD), Electrical Fast Transient/Burst (EFTB), Surge, Voltage Dips, Interruptions (VDI) magnetic fields
- Large equipment in-situ
- EM site-surveys of fixed installations including workspaces, plant, rail and other built environments
- Endurance tests
- Dust and water ingress (IP) tests
- IK test
- IEC 60204 test
- IEC 61439 panel test
- NFPA 79 Electrical panel
- CSA C22.2 Electrical Panel
- Electric shock hazards
- Energy related hazards
- Heat (thermal) related hazards
- Mechanical hazards
- Material testing (e.g. glow wire test, needle flame)
- Chemical hazards
NOISE & VIBRATION
- Sound Power and Intensity Level tests in situ
- Sound power and pressure level measurement
- Acoustic intensimetry measurement
- Acoustic insulation
- Vibration measurement
STOP TIME MEASUREMENT
- Machine stopping performance according to EN ISO 13855
- Response time of the protective device
- Penetration depth factor
WORLDWIDE CONFORMITY SERVICES
XEFRA supports its customers to remove barriers for the free movement of products on International markets through a Global Certification.
Service divided into the following steps:
- Delivery of the Product technical documentation for preliminary analysis.
- Release to the manufacturer of a product gap analysis to international markets containing the analysis of the satisfied requirements, the list of requirements to be fulfilled and additional tests to be performed.
- If required, additional product testing.
- If necessary, support during the Factory Inspection carried out by the local authorities.
- Certificate release from Local Authorities.
MACHINERY FOR FOOD INDUSTRY
Materials and components intended to come into contact with food
MOCA – Materials and Articles Intended to Come into Contact with Food, refers to all items:
- that are intended to come into contact with food,
- that are already in contact with food and are intended for this purpose,
- that are expected to come into contact with food or that can transfer their components to food under normal conditions of use.
Voluntary product verification or certification stems from a company need to ensure product conformity and performance, in compliance with recognised regulations or proprietary standards, thereby enhancing the value of and distinguishing their production on the market and gaining more trust from potential clients.
Requirements that can be certified must be measurable through objective parameters, certifiable by tests, and verified by assessing and monitoring the manufacturing and verification plan of the production process, with the purpose of ensuring conformity and initially verified quality over time.
Compliance audits conducted by a third-party body allow companies to demonstrate to the market the correct compliance with legislative requirements, the adoption of good manufacturing practices, compliance with the safety requirements of their products to protect human health.
The XEFRA MOCA certification is dedicated to all manufacturers of materials and objects that come into contact with food.